The MHM bald spot regimen
(Or For people who’s hair is too short for gel). It is repeated every 2-3 weeks. This is an option of MHM for those who’s hair is either too short for gel, or you just don’t want to use gel, and most importantly if you have a bald spot you need to grow back. This can be from some form alopecia, to some product or style you may have used that caused your hair to thin. Either way, this regimen will start the process of growth in the bald spot, and the best part is the area should grow out of your scalp with max hydration if you are disciplined at this.
Step 2. Clay (with cayenne pepper and light stimulating oils added)
Step 3. Apply light oils to scalp(I Recommend a light oil mixed with stimulating antimicrobial oils)
Step 4. Deep condition with MHM approved conditioner for 2-3 weeks before repeating whole regimen.
◦ Clarify first with an apple cider vinegar mixture.
◦ Do a bentonite clay rinse to further clarify.
This will pull out toxins, lift your hair cuticles as well, preparing for optimal moisture absorption. You can also add Cayenne Pepper and stimulating oils to your mixture. You want to leave this on for 15-30 minutes. Any longer, and you want to cover your head with a shower cap. You can also choose to sleep overnight with it, though it could be messy.
◦ (optional) you can add a light antimicrobial/essential oil to your scalp,
to prevent itching and stimulate growth. Examples: Tea tree, grapeseed, peppermint, Garlic, lemongrass. You can drop the essential oils into a very light oil, like jojoba to make your own stimulating oil blend and apply a tiny bit on your scalp. Do not overdo the oil. African wild growth oil is also good, just a small amount to minimize any scalp itchiness.. It doesn’t matter what oil, just avoid using coconut oil and glycerin, or any heavy oil or butter.
◦ Apply 1-2 ounces of an approved MHM conditioner
in a applicator bottle, and water it down about 3-4 oz of warm/hot(but not boiling hot) water, and shake. It should be foamy and slippery. This will be applied to your head, evenly distributed, so your . It helps to point the applicator bottle directly at your roots and work it in. It is okay if there is left over conditioner.
◦ Put on your shower cap, or grocery bag.
The reason i recommend grocery bag, is the edges of the shower cap may ride up on your scalp at night, and be abrasive because of the rough edge. Either way it is your choice. You can choose to get an antimicrobial shower cap as well. During the day and night, this shower-cap/ grocery bag will be secured onto your forehead(not your hair line) with a scarf. You can buy some cute scarves for when you go out, wear a beanie of hat, or during the day you can wear a loose fitting wigcap/ stocking(not tight fitting!) over the grocery bag, and then put a full wig over it.
- If you are doing this to grow back a bald spot, you will need to repeat the regimen once every 2-3 weeks. At that point you must properly detangle. This will get rid of build up of shed hair and even product build up, but still replace moisture. You don’t want to let build up happen, otherwise it can clog either your hair follicles or cuticles and stunt progress. You also don’t want build up of shed hairs to cause issues like tangling. It helps to have constant uninterrupted moisture for hair growth, so you really do not want to take the shower cap off before the 2 week mark. If you are just doing this because you have a twa, you can do the regimen more often if you choose.
- DO NOT take off the showercap/ grocery bag. Otherwise, the moisture will escape and this will not work as well. You must wear it 24 hours a day, for 2-3 weeks, before you repeat all the steps. The longer you can go the better. You are allowed to respritz your hair as well or apply more conditioner, but limit that to once before you next clarify.
- In 3 weeks when u first clarify again u should notice signs that your follicles are coming in. But keep at it for at least 3 months to see more growth. This will give you a boost in growth you will not even believe.
- DO NOT add oil to your hair. Oil is a lubricant and a sealant. You want to to avoid sealing your hair, that is what the shower cap is for. Only use an MHM approved conditioner on your hair. For your scalp you can use a light oil, but no heavy butters.
- DO NOT have your hair loose unless you have a twa. Other wise you should put your hair in medium size braids, or cornrows. What ever you choose, they must be secure and be able to hold up with out coming loose. Do not make them too small or they will tangle and cause breakage when you try to loose them. Tiny twist and braids easily let loose whisps of hair that can wrap around the outside of the braid, making it difficult to take loose especially when wet, so avoid doing this with mini twist or mini braids. No Extensions or african threading will work. I do not recommend twisting the hair, because twists come loose when wet and can begin to cause matting. You must take the braids out and properly detangle every 2-3 weeks when you repeat the regimen. The clarification steps work best on loose hair, and you want to prevent the rest of your strands from getting shed hair build up.
◦ Here are the mixtures
- ACV/apple cider vinegar: 1:1 ratio of apple cider vinegar and water to fill an 8 oz application bottle. Add 1-2 tablespoons of Cayenne pepper. You will leave this on your hair for 30 minutes to an hour, (under a shower cap!) before rinsing it out. If the cayenne causes the swelling on the bald area to be agitated or is too intense, you don’t have to add it. Or you can reduce the amount as needed.
- Bentonite clay rinse: 1:2 ratio of bentonite clay to water. You really won’t need to make too much, because you won’t be doing your hair for at least the next two weeks. Add 2 tablespoon of honey, and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. It is recommended to add cayenne pepper to this as well. You can add stimulating oils, or a stimulating oil mix as mentioned under step 3. Leave paste on for 15 minutes, rinse out. Make sure everything you use is touching the bald spot, if you have one.
- Conditioner: Use MHM Recommended conditioner. Watered down in application bottle. 1-2 oz of the conditioner, 4-5 oz of warm water.
◦ Other things to know
- You can also implement your thermal heating cap, hooded dryer, or steamer with this regimen, but it isn’t a replacement for continuous GHE or DC (green house effect or Deep Condition). Just something you could do in addition maybe once a day.
- You can also do the inversion method for the first week, to stimulate like a jumpstart. Basically once a day or twice, for 4 minutes, find some way to be somewhat upside down so the blood rushes to your head. Maybe lean over your bed. Then massage your scalp (through the grocery bag) for the 4 minutes.
- in 2-3 weeks when u first clarify again u should notice signs that your follicles are coming in. But keep at it for at least 3 months to see more growth. This will give you a boost in growth you will not even believe. Once you see enough length, you will notice your curls growing out of your scalp with maximum hydration.